Monday, August 6, 2012

About Me


 

Thank you for visiting my classroom blog!






 

This is the terrific group of learners I am working with this year! I have been teaching for 12 years. My first class was in 1984 – 34 first graders! After spending time at home with my children, I am now working for the district in which I live. This year I am teaching first grade and fortunate to be looping with some of my 2011-2012 half-day kindergarten students. Fellow first grade teachers know this already… first graders are so special; they welcome each new day of learning with incredible energy and enthusiasm; and, work towards independence while still showing respect for adults who offer support and guidance. I marvel at their never-ending desire to discover as much as possible and feel so fortunate to be part of their learning journeys!


Because my teaching career involves everyone in my home, I want to share a little about my family.  My son and daughter have spent many hours working with my students throughout the years.  Both have helped with one-on-one assessments, center activities and spent time reading with the kiddos.  My husband is the "go-to" person for shopping and purchasing learning materials; he's wonderful with helping out in the classroom as well!  

My husband, Dan and I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary this past summer.  Our son, Alex is finishing up an accounting degree from The Ohio State University, and we're keeping our fingers crossed that he will have the opportunity to begin his accounting career soon.  Our daughter, Abby began her college studies at The University of New Hampshire this fall; she plans to major in speech pathology and plays volleyball for the university.  It’s difficult to believe my own children are adults already…how time flies!


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment