Sunday, November 11, 2012

Shelfari!

 
 I just added a gadget to our class blog called Shelfari, a wonderful social book sharing site! The virtual bookshelf located at the bottom of our blog features some of the books we’re reading together in class, as well as books I plan to read in the future. 

I’m providing a link for families interested in creating a Shelfari account with your child at home.  Signing up for the Shelfari account was simple.  The site is directly linked to amazon.com so you need an Amazon account, but personal information is NOT required for Shelfari.   I added about twenty books to our class shelf; you may want to start by adding just a few books your child has already read, a few (s)he wants to read and any books your child is currently reading.  If you add “Friends” to your account, be sure to add me.  I would love to visit and see the books your child is displaying on his/her shelf!   

Eventually, our class will visit other first grade virtual bookshelves and discover what first graders in other parts of the world are reading. 

My public profile is - Mrs. Brinkman's BEESblog

No comments:

Post a Comment