Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 3, 2013 Classroom Newsletter


Dear First Grade Families,
 
For those of us whose lives revolve around the academic calendar, the end of the year is here…(sigh)  While I share the children's enthusiasm for the lazy, unstructured days of summer, I am sad about saying good-bye to this wonderful group of fun-loving and kind-hearted children. 
 I will really miss them.
 
The expression, “The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” comes to mind when I think about these kiddos.  They are a kind, loving group because of you, and your interest and involvement in their academic lives.  This past year, you took time to communicate with me when you had concerns and questions.  You helped your child make homework a part of his/her daily routine and encouraged the development of good study habits.  And most importantly, you read with and to your child and listened to talk about his/her school day.  You made the difference; thank you!
 
It goes without saying that I will miss all of you as well. 
I wish you all the best this summer in everything you do.  Enjoy!
 
 
 

 



In the newsletter, I mentioned a wonderful blog post about summer sight word practice.  This is an image from the blog.  You can link up to the blog, Make, Take, & Teach here.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment