Sunday, January 12, 2014

January 13, 2014 Newsletter

We have another short week ahead of us in our district.  Friday is records day.  Unlike last week, our kiddos should be able to get outside and enjoy outdoor recess activities every day.  (They need a little sunshine and time for running about.)

Link for the Classroom Newsletter

 

 

 In my newsletter, I referenced the Retell Glove for working on Common Core ELA Standards: 
 
RL 1.1 Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
RL 1.2 Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding
 of their central message or lesson.
RL. 1.3 Describe characters, settings, and major events in a story, using key details.

 
 
 
 
I'm not sure to whom to give credit for the retell glove.  I found a number of free resources on the Internet with links to download or options to copy.  I created this glove based on information I found on this site: 
 
 
We're also working on the skill of sequencing for a writing activity.  The children are working on a narrative writing about how to build a snowman.  I'm very proud of their work thus far and look forward to sharing their efforts later this week!
 
Have a wonderful week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment