Sunday, May 4, 2014

5/5/14 Newsletter & Robots

 
Link for this week's classroom newsletter
 
 
We are just beginning a fun-filled unit about robots in which we'll integrate science, math and language arts activities.  We had 7 wonderful parent volunteers on-hand at the end of last week to help the children create their own robots out of recycled household items.  The creations included a transformer, hair stylist, artist, Lego-building friend, tooth fairy, rock star, and a chef, just to name a few.  These kiddos love to build and create, and let me tell you, robots aren't just for boys!  The girls also did a fabulous job designing a variety of interesting robots!  I'm so proud of all these children. :)
 
 
 
 Our parent helpers!
 
 
 
Glue, glue and more glue...

 
Patiently waiting in line...

 
Helping with the aluminum foil and lots of cutting...



The finished products:
 

















(I need to retake his picture!)





























 
 
 
 Last year, I created a packet I uploaded to tpt, as well as this 7-page packet.
 
  
 
I can't wait to share their opinion writings and measurement activity.
 
Happy learning! 


No comments:

Post a Comment