Sunday, November 9, 2014

Where's My Mummy?


 

 

 While adults went to the polls the first Tuesday of November, we voted for our favorite Halloween book.  Where’s My Mummy? by Carolyn Crimi won – huge!  In fact, after I changed the book display to get ready for November and Thanksgiving, a few students (boys) were out of sorts.  I gladly re-shelved Baby Mummy to satisfy these enthusiastic, young readers.  :)

 

 In our class, we used this book to work on comprehension skills – retelling and asking and answering questions about the story events.  I wanted to use Where’s My Mummy for writing too so I created a response to reading activity. 
 
 
 
 

With the construction paper folded in half, we glued the first part of the writing to the front flap and the second part on the inside.  Paper towel strips added a perfect touch for the construction paper Baby Mummy’s.
 
 

 
Bulletin Board Poster
 


 
 
 

No mummies, but lots of great costumes for the Halloween party...





 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment